Premium Beach Umbrella - RibbonRegular price $299.00
A little bit vintage, a little bit retro and a whole lot of lovely
Looking for a stylish and functional beach umbrella that provides UPF50+ protection and optimal airflow? Discover the Premium Beach Umbrella Ribbon by Basil Bangs. Inspired by the enduring adoration of ric-rac ribbons, classic stripes, and all things vintage, this umbrella boasts a beautiful contemporary design that adds understated elegance to any outdoor setting, from the beach to the poolside, deck, or garden.
Crafted from natural materials and premium fixtures, this umbrella features a waterproof and weather-treated outdoor canvas that not only looks stylish but is also highly functional. The vented canopy design ensures optimal airflow, keeping you cool during hot summer days. With its compact size and matching carry case that doubles as a sandbag for windy conditions, this umbrella is easy to store and transport. The corrosion-resistant steel frame, stainless steel, and marine-grade fasteners ensure long-lasting durability.
Thanks to the patented Basil Hinge, adjusting the umbrella's shade is a breeze. Simply turn the dial, adjust the canopy, and lock it off again with ease, without the need to worry about lost poles or sweaty brows.
Experience the perfect blend of style and function with the Premium Beach Umbrella Ribbon by Basil Bangs and enjoy your time outdoors in peace and comfort with optimal sun protection.
- UPF50+ | 98% UV protection
- Waterproof, weather-treated outdoor canvas
- Vented canopy
- Single-piece, extendable hardwood poles
- Responsibly sourced timber
- The Basil Hinge for easy-peasy setup
- 70.8" / 180cm diameter, family size canopy
- Compact for easy storage and portability
- Matching carry case transforms into a sandbag for windy conditions
- Corrosion-resistant steel frame
- Stainless steel and marine-grade fasteners
- 70.8" / 180cm diameter
- 86.6" / 220cm total height
- 8.8lbs / 4kg total weight
- 32mm pole diameter
- Folds to 1.1m x 17cm x 17cm
Using your umbrella at the beach:
- Make sure the lower pole is secured at least 35cm deep in the sand.
- To angle, the canopy, hold on to the upper pole before unlocking the hinge. To unlock the hinge, turn the dial anti-clockwise as far as possible.
- Let the upper pole rotate to the desired position. It is recommended to not exceed an angle of 45 degrees. Always try to tilt the umbrella into the wind as this will minimize the chance of it lifting out of the sand.
- To lock the hinge, rotate the dial clockwise until the vertical grip is parallel to the lower pole. The Basil Hinge should feel easy to lock and unlock. If jammed, do not force the hinge to close as it may cause damage.
- Taking an umbrella to the beach is your responsibility. In gusty conditions, we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
Using your umbrella at home:
- We recommend securing your umbrella in a base. For freestanding umbrellas, we recommend the 25kg Basil Base and the 14kg Standard Base for table settings.
- In gusty conditions, we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
- Store your umbrella in a protective cover when not in use to extend its life and minimize wear and tear.
- Product colours may vary slightly from those shown on your display.
- Shipments are processed from Monday to Friday.
- Orders are shipped from our North American warehouse.